2016 National Homebrew Competition

Home Forums General (Beer) Interest Beer Events 2016 National Homebrew Competition

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff WilhelmJeff Wilhelm
      Participant

The National Homebrew Competition, the largest beer competition in the world, returns for its 38th year.
      Does your homemade beer have what it takes to reign supreme in the world’s largest beer competition? Enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition and find out!

Mark your calendars and visit the National Homebrew Competition (NHC) Information page for more details on this year’s competition, and be sure to join us in Baltimore for the 2016 National Homebrewers Conference and NHC Awards Ceremony.

Important Dates for the 2016 Competition

Application Window February 1 – February 7, 2016

First Round Shipping February 29 – March 9, 2016

First Round March 11 – April 17, 2016

Final Round Judging June 9, 2016*

Final Round Winners Announced June 11, 2016*

*During the 2016 National Homebrewers Conference in Baltimore

Source: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/save-the-date-2016-national-homebrew-competition/

Jim MolerJim Moler

should the club send in a few offerings?????

make sure we pick a not so packed regional location.. let’s all hope for another Gold medal for John Raz.

I just applied to enter 3 beers:

Baltic Porter

Brett Beer

Belgium Quad (though I am unsure what category to enter that under for the 2105 guidelines)

Patrick Mousaw

Belgian quad appears to belong in 26D.  The comments in that style speaks to Abbey and Trappist Quads.  Unless you have something more to it, such as a sour bug, that’s the category I would guess it belongs to…

If you have the beer, bring it for the February meeting and ask the club.

Thanks for the information! I tasted it and will not bottle it, or enter it. I don’t like it and will be dumping it. I am entering a Baltic Porter and Brett Beer (that I brought to the holiday party at Crooked Ewe) both under the club name. I got into the first round in Chicago this year, and hoping that they will pass onto the final round. The Baltic Porter is the same batch that passed onto the final round last year, but did not place.

Patrick Mousaw

Good luck!

I didn’t have anything I thought was competition-ready.  I really didn’t plan well going into the competition window to have something prepared.  I probably should commit to having a few beers for the 2017 NHC.

• Author
      Jeff WilhelmJeff Wilhelm
      Participant

The National Homebrew Competition, the largest beer competition in the world, returns for its 38th year.
      Does your homemade beer have what it takes to reign supreme in the world’s largest beer competition? Enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition and find out!

Mark your calendars and visit the National Homebrew Competition (NHC) Information page for more details on this year’s competition, and be sure to join us in Baltimore for the 2016 National Homebrewers Conference and NHC Awards Ceremony.

Important Dates for the 2016 Competition

Application Window February 1 – February 7, 2016

First Round Shipping February 29 – March 9, 2016

First Round March 11 – April 17, 2016

Final Round Judging June 9, 2016*

Final Round Winners Announced June 11, 2016*

*During the 2016 National Homebrewers Conference in Baltimore

Source: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/save-the-date-2016-national-homebrew-competition/

Jim MolerJim Moler

should the club send in a few offerings?????

make sure we pick a not so packed regional location.. let’s all hope for another Gold medal for John Raz.

I just applied to enter 3 beers:

Baltic Porter

Brett Beer

Belgium Quad (though I am unsure what category to enter that under for the 2105 guidelines)

Patrick Mousaw

Belgian quad appears to belong in 26D.  The comments in that style speaks to Abbey and Trappist Quads.  Unless you have something more to it, such as a sour bug, that’s the category I would guess it belongs to…

If you have the beer, bring it for the February meeting and ask the club.

Thanks for the information! I tasted it and will not bottle it, or enter it. I don’t like it and will be dumping it. I am entering a Baltic Porter and Brett Beer (that I brought to the holiday party at Crooked Ewe) both under the club name. I got into the first round in Chicago this year, and hoping that they will pass onto the final round. The Baltic Porter is the same batch that passed onto the final round last year, but did not place.

Patrick Mousaw

Good luck!

I didn’t have anything I thought was competition-ready.  I really didn’t plan well going into the competition window to have something prepared.  I probably should commit to having a few beers for the 2017 NHC.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.