How do you…….

Home Forums Brewing General How do you…….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Gruver
      Participant
      @gruversm

Crush your grains???

MEGA Admin
      Keymaster
      @mega-admin

JSP Malt Mill adjusted to ~.04

:-b2

tettnang tom
      Participant
      @tettnang-tom

[file name=CoronaMillHanging.jpg size=24846]http://mega-brew.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/CoronaMillHanging.jpg[/file]

Hi Steve,

I have a knock off Corona that I got in Arizona when visiting my son. I plan on getting a Barley Crusher to stimulate the economy, but for now the Corona works well if I put washers in to adjust the crush. I motorized it with a drill and made a wood mount that fits over a five gallon bucket.

The wood frame unit positioned over the drill fits on top of the Corona receiver. I pulled it off so you could see the design better. Without the cover, this mill throws a lot of grain and dust. A piece of aluminum roof flashing is mounted in front of the mill. This unit folds up and hangs on the wall in a stowed position. Click on the Hanging.jpg to see the folded position.

tt
      CoronaMillOpen-13955ff7fc77c0f465cfd7788491c592.jpg
      CoronaMillHanging.jpg

Fred Genslinger
      @fredmiester

Andy Walton wrote:

JSP Malt Mill adjusted to ~.04

:-b2

I agree with Andy. My Crankandstien is set at 0.040 and it seems to be a good crush. My efficiency is about 75-78%

http://mega-brew.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=26&g2_itemId=844

:-ag

Jeff WilhelmJeff Wilhelm
      Participant
      @jeffw

Barley Crusher at factory setting.

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

3D Crankandstein here. I’ll let you know how I like it when I get something more powerful to turn it.

In the mean time, back to my corona. I hate it!

Mich Dave

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.