Leak in Corny Keg Lid – need help

Home Forums Brewing Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing Leak in Corny Keg Lid – need help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chuck Bergman

I was pressure testing one of the used kegs a friend gave me and I have a small leak in the lid. Not around the gasket, I could feel the gas coming thru the lid.

I can never get a photo to post to the forum, so I forwarded to Andy to see if he will post for me.

There are these little metal arcs on the lid and leak is around 1 of them.

Researching online, it doesn’t look like it can be soldered. I don’t know anyone who aluminum welds.

ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Does anyone have an extra corny lid they are willing to part with? I have a pinlock keg – not sure if that matters.

MEGA Admin
      Keymaster

I can never get a photo to post to the forum, so I forwarded to Andy to see if he will post for me.

It isn’t working for me either. Not sure what the issue is.
      You can still link to Flickr or Picassa images hosted elsewhere.

Researching online, it doesn’t look like it can be soldered. I don’t know anyone who aluminum welds.

It is almost certainly stainless steel.

Custom Welding & Fabrication
      Michael Wharton

He has done a good job for me in the past. His shop is on Ironwood near the Toll Road.

:cheers1

• Author
      Chuck Bergman

I was pressure testing one of the used kegs a friend gave me and I have a small leak in the lid. Not around the gasket, I could feel the gas coming thru the lid.

There are these little metal arcs on the lid and leak is around 1 of them.

ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Does anyone have an extra corny lid they are willing to part with? I have a pinlock keg – not sure if that matters.

MEGA Admin
      Keymaster

It isn’t working for me either. Not sure what the issue is.
      You can still link to Flickr or Picassa images hosted elsewhere.

It is almost certainly stainless steel.

Custom Welding & Fabrication
      Michael Wharton

He has done a good job for me in the past. His shop is on Ironwood near the Toll Road.

:cheers1

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.