Misc topics about the Big Brew

Home Forums Brewing General Misc topics about the Big Brew

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

First I want to say Thank You to Dave for hosting. It was the best brew session yet! Great food and way too much beer! Loved every minute of it.

Second I want to say thanks to Tim for the ride home. (I hope I remembered the name right) Like I said, way too much beer.

Next, I found a keg used to boil with in the back of my van. I think it is Toms. I’ll bring it to the meeting. Also I’m missing a cooler. I suspect it was left behind. Dave if I left it, could you bring it with you to the meeting?

Finally, I had trouble starting my van when I went to leave. The fermenter was left in the back. When I returned in a couple days to fix the starter, I found one BIG mess in the back. The airlock plugged and when it blew, it covered everything! Floor, ceiling, front wall, back doors, both sides, and everything I had in the back. I’m guessing I won’t have brew to share. I’m going to transfer whats left into secondary and if there are sour or bad tastes, it gets dumped. 🙁

Mich Dave

Tim Sovine
      @mustangbrew

Glad to hear that you got your van fixed and it wasn’t a problem giving you a ride home. The keg you found in the back of your van is mine; if you can bring it to the meeting I’d appreciate it.
      Tim :-ch

MEGA Admin
      Keymaster
      @mega-admin

I ended up with one more large SS spoon than I came with. Not sure who’s it is.

Dave McVeigh: Ask Molly for your hydrometer at the meeting Sunday. She has it for you behind the bar. Sorry about breaking yers. :blush:

:cc

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

Thanks Andy.

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

Dave McVeigh wrote:

First I want to say Thank You to Dave for hosting. It was the best brew session yet! Great food and way too much beer! Loved every minute of it.

Second I want to say thanks to Tim for the ride home. (I hope I remembered the name right) Like I said, way too much beer.

Next, I found a keg used to boil with in the back of my van. I think it is Toms. I’ll bring it to the meeting. Also I’m missing a cooler. I suspect it was left behind. Dave if I left it, could you bring it with you to the meeting?

Finally, I had trouble starting my van when I went to leave. The fermenter was left in the back. When I returned in a couple days to fix the starter, I found one BIG mess in the back. The airlock plugged and when it blew, it covered everything! Floor, ceiling, front wall, back doors, both sides, and everything I had in the back. I’m guessing I won’t have brew to share. I’m going to transfer whats left into secondary and if there are sour or bad tastes, it gets dumped. 🙁

Mich Dave

I transfered (to secondary) the Chocolate Cherry stout about a week ago. It doesn’t seen to be infected from the blowing in the back of the van. I did lose between 1 and 1.5 gallons though. After telling a friend about the mishap in the van, he suggested I rename the beer Chocolate Cherry Bomb. I like it.
      Mich Dave

MEGA Admin
      Keymaster
      @mega-admin

Ha! I like it. Can’t wait to check it out.
      My Bigfoot clone is still bubblin’… Hoping to rack next weekend.

:ds

tettnang tom
      Participant
      @tettnang-tom

Hey Mich Dave,

Will you give me a ride in your van? I’ve never smelled 1.5 gallons of Chocolate Cherry Stout blown in every crack and cranny of a vehicle. What a glorious smell!

😛

Tettnang Tom

PS Goshen Dave Thanks so much for hosting Big Brew. We all had a great time. Thanks to you for your generousity and hospitality! The Cascade hops rhizomes are up to three feet on my trellis. Thanks.

TT

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

Tom Heminger wrote:

Hey Mich Dave,

Will you give me a ride in your van? I’ve never smelled 1.5 gallons of Chocolate Cherry Stout blown in every crack and cranny of a vehicle. What a glorious smell!

😛

Tettnang Tom

PS Goshen Dave Thanks so much for hosting Big Brew. We all had a great time. Thanks to you for your generousity and hospitality! The Cascade hops rhizomes are up to three feet on my trellis. Thanks.

TT

Be careful of what you wish for!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.