Nuts in brews

Home Forums Brewing General Nuts in brews

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff WilhelmJeff Wilhelm
      Participant

Has anyone used actual nuts in their brew? Like vanilla, I’d like to use the real thing, but have not done anything with nuts.

Thanks for any input.

Will Troyer
      Spectator

I have not yet, but was warned about the fats, oils, and proteins associated with nuts and how they hurt head retention.

Will Troyer
      Spectator

I recently did a brown that took Amber malt. It was my first time using it and Of course it had biscuit notes, but I was amazed at how much nutty character it had. Not sure if it would get what you are looking for with elevated usage, or if the biscuit would over power the nut flavor?

• Author
      Jeff WilhelmJeff Wilhelm
      Participant

Has anyone used actual nuts in their brew? Like vanilla, I’d like to use the real thing, but have not done anything with nuts.

Thanks for any input.

Will Troyer
      Spectator

I have not yet, but was warned about the fats, oils, and proteins associated with nuts and how they hurt head retention.

Will Troyer
      Spectator

I recently did a brown that took Amber malt. It was my first time using it and Of course it had biscuit notes, but I was amazed at how much nutty character it had. Not sure if it would get what you are looking for with elevated usage, or if the biscuit would over power the nut flavor?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.