Things related to hops…

Home Forums Brewing General Things related to hops…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Where is a good place to get some hop twin?
      Also, what did you use to anchor and attach your guide lines for the hops?
      I just ran some twin across the top but it is really sagging. I was thinking for next year, get some PVC with a metal rod in the middle. That way the rusty pipe, over time, will not get on the hop plants. Any thoughts on that?

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

I’m using Dacron kite string attached to screw eyes on the eves and a post in the ground. So far this is holding up fine. I put it up last year, and didn’t replace it this year.
      Mich Dave

Anonymous

i know the Sun drys it out but i would try Fishing Line
      something like 50 or 60 lb. test its kinda cheep if you get it at Wallie World (walmart)
      ohhhh for next year any one got some Hop seeds? gonna try my hand in growing. or a plant or two????

Russ :-ch

Dave McVeigh
      @mich-dave

Russell Kearney wrote:

i know the Sun drys it out but i would try Fishing Line
      something like 50 or 60 lb. test its kinda cheep if you get it at Wallie World (walmart)
      ohhhh for next year any one got some Hop seeds? gonna try my hand in growing. or a plant or two????

Russ :-ch

Hi Russ,
      It’s best to start with rhizomes. They are cuttings from the roots of mature plants. Your new plants will be heartier the first year, they will all be female (you won’t have to thin out your plants before harvest) and you will know what kind of hops you have. I first looked into seeds, but couldn’t find a supplier that even knew there were different kinds of hops, much less, which kind he was selling.

Mich Dave

Anonymous

Ok Dave now my next question is will some one sell me a plant or two? hehehe
      you all know that was coming hehehe
      http://www.ebrew.com/beer/hop_rhizomes.htm
      this mite be a good site to get plants from if any one wants to go in with me on a fue i wouldn’t mind

Russ :-b2

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.