Where to get ball-lock liquid post with "integrated" poppet?

Home Forums Brewing Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing Where to get ball-lock liquid post with "integrated" poppet?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Mousaw 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Trying to find a ball-lock liquid post with an “integrated” poppet like in the picture below. All the posts I’ve seen in shops and online have a separate spring and poppet. Anyone know where to find something like this?

Jim Moler
    Jim Moler

your best bet is to do some key word part searching. what brand Ball Lock keg is this off of?

there should be some stamping on the side. ie. Firestone, Spartanburg, and what not.

each mfg. had a slight difference in their threads and set up. if you know that much info I may be able to track it down through FOXX Equipment, and you can order through Quality Wine & Ale Supply store in Elkhart.

Cheers.

Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Thanks Jim. This is an AEB (part number 29744PS) keg. Manufactured in Italy. Really all I’m trying to do is find some way to run PBW through my liquid disconnects when I’m cleaning them in a bucket. Without snapping onto a liquid post, the disconnect remains closed and won’t pass liquid through it. The posts with the removable springs and poppets are only open when there’s backing pressure on the spring, so I guess what I’m really looking for is a post that’s always “open.” Hopefully that makes sense.

Patrick Mousaw

Ross,

You should take a look at the Keg Line Cleaner project in the October 2015 issue of Brew Your Own magazine.  This is something I’m thinking of building as a means of cleaning my beer lines in my kegerators better and more often.  I know I’m not doing it frequently enough now and end up having to replace the lines.  I’ll bring the magazine tonight in case you come to the St. Pius Homebrew Night.

Jim Moler
    Jim Moler

Ross.

Sorry for the delay.. I didn’t see your response. in some cases those are how they are built.

so you could hook up a Liq. Connector and let that just soak and pass through..

or you can hook up a picnic tapper and charge the keg with a shot of Co2. pull the tapper and load the line that way and just let it sit for a while.

a post that’s always open would be less the poppet and spring.  if you get  a chance to bring the keg into Quality wine. we may be able to see what we have in stock for posts already.

or look up on Foxx and see if we can find a fitting.

Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Cool. Thanks Jim.

• Author
    Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Trying to find a ball-lock liquid post with an “integrated” poppet like in the picture below. All the posts I’ve seen in shops and online have a separate spring and poppet. Anyone know where to find something like this?

Jim Moler
    Jim Moler

your best bet is to do some key word part searching. what brand Ball Lock keg is this off of?

there should be some stamping on the side. ie. Firestone, Spartanburg, and what not.

each mfg. had a slight difference in their threads and set up. if you know that much info I may be able to track it down through FOXX Equipment, and you can order through Quality Wine & Ale Supply store in Elkhart.

Cheers.

Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Thanks Jim. This is an AEB (part number 29744PS) keg. Manufactured in Italy. Really all I’m trying to do is find some way to run PBW through my liquid disconnects when I’m cleaning them in a bucket. Without snapping onto a liquid post, the disconnect remains closed and won’t pass liquid through it. The posts with the removable springs and poppets are only open when there’s backing pressure on the spring, so I guess what I’m really looking for is a post that’s always “open.” Hopefully that makes sense.

Patrick Mousaw

Ross,

You should take a look at the Keg Line Cleaner project in the October 2015 issue of Brew Your Own magazine.  This is something I’m thinking of building as a means of cleaning my beer lines in my kegerators better and more often.  I know I’m not doing it frequently enough now and end up having to replace the lines.  I’ll bring the magazine tonight in case you come to the St. Pius Homebrew Night.

Jim Moler
    Jim Moler

Ross.

Sorry for the delay.. I didn’t see your response. in some cases those are how they are built.

so you could hook up a Liq. Connector and let that just soak and pass through..

or you can hook up a picnic tapper and charge the keg with a shot of Co2. pull the tapper and load the line that way and just let it sit for a while.

a post that’s always open would be less the poppet and spring.  if you get  a chance to bring the keg into Quality wine. we may be able to see what we have in stock for posts already.

or look up on Foxx and see if we can find a fitting.

Ross Filipek
    Ross Filipek

Cool. Thanks Jim.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.