This page features articles written by members with regard to the homebrewing hobby. Articles may contain homebrewing techniques, technical information, recipe formulation, or other information that homebrewers may find helpful in helping them learn more about the hobby.
If you know of a topic that may be of interest to other homebrewers, please submit your article for consideration using the form at the bottom of the page.
- 2019 Homebrew Con Recordings Available (8/25/2019) - Get ready to be inspired—this year’s conference videos have arrived for your brewing viewing pleasure! These include Dan Kleban’s keynote, panel discussions, and sessions organized into 12 different tracks. Not sure where to start? Check out “Top 12 Seminars,” as voted by conference attendees. As an AHA member you have access to Homebrew Con seminars […]
- Bottle Caps & Corks 2019 (6/15/2019) - Bottle Caps & Corks was held at Southgate Crossing on June 15, 2019 This event is a fund raiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Elkhart County. It features amateur beer, wine, mead, and cider folks from all over Northern Indiana & Southern Michigan. Big Brothers Big Sisters mission is to provide children facing adversity […]
- How to Make QR Codes to Check In to Your Beer on Untappd (12/9/2018) - “Dude, why’s there a QR code on your beer?” …is a refrain I imagine myself hearing, though IMHO I haven’t enough. With the advent of the popular beer rating app Untappd, the drinking of beer dove headlong into social media gamification. Speaking entirely hypothetically, though, after imbibing and checking-in to a few libations in one sitting, one […]
- Learn To Homebrew Day 2018 (11/14/2018) - In 1999, Learn To Homebrew Day was established by the American Homebrewers Association to promote the most rewarding, and delicious activity of all time — homebrewing. On the first Saturday in November, thousands of people will gather at Learn to Homebrew Day sites worldwide to brew beer and and learn about the hobby […]
- Bottle Caps & Corks 2018 (7/8/2018) - Bottle Caps & Corks is a fundraising event for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Elkhart County. This years event took place June 30 in Elkhart’s Wellfield Botanical Gardens. This event feature all amateur homebrewers and vintners offering their beers, wines, ciders and meads. MEGA had 12 beers available for sampling. One included a club member […]
- New MEGA Content – Articles (1/17/2016) - MEGA just made available new content on the website featuring articles by members for members. This idea of this page is provide members with general information, ideas, and other resources relating to brewing methods and techniques. This page can be found at Articles, or click on “Articles” under the”Whats Brewing” tab on the menu. If you […]
- What is homebrewing? (1/17/2016) - By Dave McVeigh No discussion about home brewing can begin without first covering some of the history behind beer. Did you know the real reason why the first settlers landed at Plymouth Rock? Although they were sea-weary and ready to set foot on dry land, they stopped because they ran out of beer. That’s right […]
- How Did MEGA Start? (2/20/2008) - By Jeff Wilhelm Michiana Extract And Grain Association was created by a homebrewer that had the homebrewing addiction and who wanted to share the addiction with other homebrewers in the Michiana area. Tim Sovine was this homebrewer. “I moved to Mishawaka in the fall of 2003 and was brewing like a mad man and driving […]
Submit your article to MEGA