Homebrew Setups

Home Forums Brewing Forum General Homebrew Setups

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jeff Wilhelm
      @jeffw

Everyone has different setups for brewing, whether extract, extract with grains, brew in a bag, or various methods of all grain.  Some are custom built stands with pumps, some are simple gravity set ups.

No matter how you get the job done, you are still making beer!!

Let’s see your setups with a descriptions, stories, or other info about your setups.

Jeff Wilhelm
      @jeffw

My setup is simple and uses stacking stuff to use gravity.  I use a 10 gallon kettle for wort and old 7 gallon turkey frying pot for heating my strike and sparge water.  My burner is a Bayou Classic.  My mash tun is a converted cooler, using a stainless mesh off a washing machine hose as strainer.  I use the hose itself for sparging from the old bottling bucket and from the mash tun to the kettle.  I use a Barley Crusher to mill my grain.  My immersion chiller is one that I had made to replace the 3/8 one that I previously purchased.  My typically brew day is around 5-6 hours.

I have been using this same set up since I started all grain many years ago.  It is simple and seems to make decent beer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.